Saturday, May 12, 2012

Running Together

Usually LK and I run solo.  Someone needs to stay home with the Sprouts while the other gets out for a run.  So we find ways to take turns and we both get the exercise that we have come to crave (if I don't run my legs get the twitchies and I can't sleep).

This morning the Sprouts were away for a sleepover.  So we went for a run together.  It has been several years since we ran together.  Back then I was the slowpoke huffer.  I always felt like I was holding LK back from a real run.

We are better matched now for running together.  LK needs to have someone remind him go a little slower and run longer.  I need someone to encourage me to push myself to move a little faster.  We are more in sync with one another.  And we not only love the time to talk a bit, but also the time to be quiet together and enjoy the scenery and company without words.

No comments: