I think that one of the biggest elements that contribute to confidence in a woman's appearance is hair. When I have a bad hair day I have a bad day. When I have a good hair day (or, sweetness sublime, week) nothing can put a chink in my confidence. In the past six months I have transitioned from colouring my own hair at home to having it done professionally. What a difference!
I had my hair done yesterday afternoon; cut and colour. I love going to the hairdresser. Mostly because I have a absolutely FAB hairdresser.
Amanda at Urban Shag in Kenora (for those of you who think my hair cut is chic and want to look just like me - sarcasm alert) is a delight to have work on my hair. She is friendly and chats, remembers the details of my life and asks about what we were talking about in our last appointment. When I don't feel like talking she lets me catch up on my magazine reading. Most importantly, she listens to my ideas about my hair and then shares her ideas. It feels like a team effort to get my hair looking its best.
As a result, even though I am sporting a bathrobe and major bedhead I feel FAB today. It's gonna be a good (hair) day.
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment