Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Blech!

It started out as such a lovely weekend. And it just slipped downhill a little more each day.

Jo woke up on Saturday morning with diarrhea, and promptly went through half his underwear. Then Saturday night he threw up all over his bed just as LK and I were settling in for the night. Sunday was more diarrhea and LK had a sore tummy.

Yesterday LK and I were not feeling well, he stayed home with Jo (who was still not 100%) and I went to work. By lunch I was ready to curl up in a ball on the floor and let my class do whatever they wanted to. However, half our teachers were out on PD. It turns out that none - not one - of the subs showed up for work. Fearless Leader ended up teaching for the day! The Resource Lady and gym teacher also were in classrooms covering for no-show subs. So there wasn't anyone left to cover my class.

As soon as I came home, straight to bed for me. I slept about 4 hours and felt marginally better. LK was worse, and Fi was complaining of a sore tummy.

Jo, though, was now in fine form. I think he was a bit confused about why the rest of us were so miserable.

Today, LK and I are supposed to be having our PD Day. Instead he is holed up in bed with a sore tummy, I am trying to keep Jo quite so Fi can sleep (looks like a day for too much tv), and Fi is dead to the world after being up most of the night with her head over the toilet.

The good news is that now that we have all started through the germs, it won't be long before we are all back to health again. The bad news is that we have to make it through the day feeling completely blech.

No comments: