Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Shopping Trip

I have a wee bit of shopaholic in me. So, when the car is due for a visit with the dealership I am quick to offer to do the drive to Winnipeg and slip a bit of VV and Winners into the trip. This weekend we had Monday off- Treaty Day, so it worked out perfectly to get an early morning appointment and the requisite visits to my favourite stores as well.

I had a big list, Christmas presents featured heavily as we were not anticipating another trip to the city before the holiday. However, there is electrical work that needs to be done and they had to order parts, so back we go in the next month.

Two days and countless stores. By the time I was finished even I was tired and ready to go home. Interestingly, we were in Old Navy, which I used to really like, and I was not even tempted the least. Hmmm, tastes are changing.

However, I could have spent another day poring through the stock in every Winners in the city.
I arrived home with the Christmas list mostly crossed off, and a new rug for the living room. We had a cheap brown rag rug that was making do on the floor. Takes off the edge of the cold, but not at all inviting for sitting on and playing on. I found a lovely striped rug in Home Depot with all the colours I love in it. It reminds me of a sweater I had several years ago. Now both kids are sprawled on the floor in the living room to watch tv rather than huddled on the couch.

The highlight of the trip was a pair of shoes. Black peep-toe pumps (I know that I don't need another pair of black shoes) with 4 inch heels. Totally not practical, but soooooo yummy. And they make me feel tall (a substantial task). I wore them to school today and made it an hour before I changed into lower heels. Perhaps I will save them for dates...

1 comment:

Donna said...

I love it when you call shoes yummy. I can even hear you saying it.
Missing you,
Donna