It was a very long week, following a very long week. Ironic when both were 3 1/2 day work-weeks. But were they ever long days!
Last week our Fearless Leader was away at a conference. Without giving us advance warning. Wasn't too pleased about that. But, I was very proud that even though the mice did play while the cat was away, they left the building standing and nobody quit.
This week the mice made Fearless Leader a very busy cat getting things back into shape. Why is it that the mice only respect the cat? What about we teacher-cats? Are we not fierce enough? Still working on that one.
This week was incredibly long because I woke up Tuesday feeling a bit under-the-weather and it just went downhill from there. It has been five days of feeling REALLY CRAPPY! And I am sick of it. I have taken every cough suppressant, cold & flu thingy I can find. I have eaten chicken noodle soup. I have slept as much as my coughing body will let me. I even took a day off work too sleep more. I really want to get better!
I want to play with my kids. I want to hug my husband. I want my voice back. I want to get up and feel rested. I want to enjoy work, not drag myself through the day trying not to look like the zombie I feel like.
It was so bad on Friday that Fearless Leader even told me that I looked like crap- not in those exact words of course. My darling husband replied, when asked if I really looked that bad, "I wasn't going to say anything, but I was surprised you left the house looking like that."
Waaaaaa!
I am going to bed. I will blog again when not so grouchy, tired, sore and miserable.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment