
We haven't played Scrabble in a really long time. When just LK and I play, I tend to get a bit overly-competitive. On Monday night Guitar Girl was over. She had mentioned the week before that she enjoys a game of Scrabble. She did not mention that her mom is a fanatic and she inherited a bit of the bug. So she trounced the two of us in the first game.
We were having fun and so we proposed a second game. I pulled my 7 letters and saw before me on my tile holder "blank" A, S, S, I, O, N. Holy orthography Batman! I have a seven letter word right off the bat! So I played it and sat grinning from ear to ear. My not-overly-competitive spouse and friend were very encouraging (proving that good sports are great people to play games with; learn something here Emily).
As the round continued I pulled my next set of tiles from the bag. I saw E, R, L, D, W, T and another 'blank'. Holy spelldown, Batman! Another seven letter word! I almost fell over I was so tickled.
It turned out to be a great game; I broke 200 points for the first time in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment