Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A New Challenge

I have a student teacher starting in my classroom on Monday. Some would say that the changes I have taken on in moving to a new time zone, culture, and professional setting would be enough for one year... not me! I am a sucker for punishment. Or at least an opportunity to try something new professionally.

Those of you who have worked with me know how much I love new ideas in my classroom. I am often tweaking and trying new things. So when a colleague who is involved with a program to certify Native teachers through Nipissing approached me about doing a placement in my classroom I was delighted.

So she starts Monday. I am trying to wrap up units and organize my schedule and plans so that her time in the classroom is smooth and productive. I did not really accurately anticipate the amount of time this would take. I never do. A new idea is too exciting to pass up even if it means a lot more hours logged on the job.

No comments: