Saturday, October 11, 2008

We're In!

It's done. We are officially moved in. Wow is the three bedroom house HUGE. You can't even hear someone playing upstairs in their room from downstairs.
I have not lived on more than one level since I was a student at RUC eons ago. Stairs are a lot of fun for kids. They bump down on their bums like my sisters and I used to as kids. I was worried that Jo would fall... I don't know what I was thinking. The boy is part monkey and sees them entirely as a new play structure.
Fi is delighted to have her very own room (a privilege she has been anticipating for months). She can go inside, shut her door and have time to play quietly by herself. This makes her so happy and eases some of the tension between she and Jo. She takes after her father and needs substantial doses of quiet time to recharge.
We have space for our desk and computer, the piano, and (drum roll...) a scrap booking table! I hear angels singing! I could not be happier, unless we had heat and water that was safe to drink. Minor issues, though. The school will take care of those concerns. I am just enjoying being moved before Thanksgiving.
I am thankful for our new home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw the slideshow, Laurens, & CAN'T WAIT 4 the DVD to come out!

We have so few pix this year & miss JoJo & Fiz's beautiful changing faces on our walls.

We think of you adventurers often & you know how I feel about your care for alla my babies (F, J and thier Momma)

Happy Thanksgiving,
PoP

EK said...

DVDs are in the mail, Pop. THey made me tear up a bit. Enjoy!