Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Quickly...

Report cards are due tomorrow. It is also the school-wide Halloween celebration, as Friday is a PD Day. I have been marking, reporting, baking, costuming, teaching, mommying, and trying to breathe deeply since 7 am. I was at it all until 11:30 last night. It has been like this all week. I am tired. I will be delighted when this week is over. However, I am really enjoying it as well.
There are moments in all the busyness that are priceless...
  • the sunset over the lake (I still cannot believe that I get to look at this every night)
  • more stars in the sky than I can count at night, and only a few man-made lights around
  • crisp autumn morning walks to school and the energy that comes from morning fresh air and exercise
  • laughing with my students
  • the joy of work hard and realizing that it is fun
  • Jo's welcome home face, just like his big sister's when she was that age
  • the "Oo-oh" from Jo when he sees something that intrigues him
  • seeing my daughter in the halls every day at school, and walking around the playground with her
  • the words, "Don't worry about it, just get your work done." from my husband on days like today
  • dinner on the table every night faithfully (not cooked by me) and laundry done (also not by me!!!)
  • a big hug from LK when I am at my end
  • and the sweet sound of singing in harmony to start our Small Group Bible Study each Monday (the sweetest worship of my week)

Amid all the frustrations of daily life (which I am slowly coming to accept as permanently full of wrinkles that no level of personal organization can ever iron out) I am very thankful for these blessings.

Now, if I could just get my costume sorted out...

No comments: