Two people in our family fall decidedly on the extrovert side of the I-E scale. Two people fall decidedly on the introvert side. That can cause a little friction when we are making plans for holidays. In our family history it has caused some significant friction between my spouse and I (as we have quite different needs for social interaction).
For the most part we have found strategies that work for us to balance everyone in the family and make sure that our needs are all met. Sometimes, though, we get a little off balance.
This year at Christmas we were way off balance, and didn't even realize it until it all hit the fan. Not nearly enough time for the introverts. It wasn't pretty, people.
This year at March Break we did better, but were still not in balance. Not enough time for the extroverts. Not any prettier than Christmas.
I think that this weekend we hit a good blend. The extroverts had time to be with people and busy with activities. The introverts had time for quiet and refreshing their energy.
I hope that we are all refreshed for another stretch of school and work.
Monday, April 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment