Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Way to My Heart

On Tuesday morning LK arrived in my classroom with a box that had come in the mail.  I was confused because we have not been spending anything not necessary (trying to sock away every extra penny into the down payment fund).  Neither of us is spending on ourselves or our classrooms, so why the box?

"What is this?"

Pause.  Silence.  Smile.

"A present?"

Smile.  Nod.

And off he goes.

My students were all milling about, waiting for the recess bell to go and they wanted me to open it right there.  Um, no.  I had no idea what it was.  And that would be inappropriate.

So I waited a whole two minutes until they were busy elsewhere and opened it quietly behind my desk.  Two minutes is a long time to wait for a surprise you didn't even know about. Try it and see for yourself.

Shoes.

Sweet bliss. 

As we have not been spending, I have been experiencing a few twinges of new shoe withdrawal in the past month or two.  Nothing serious, I totally have a handle on it (uh, huh, right).  Just little twinges.  I am sure nobody even notices the twitches.

He hunted down a pair that I pinned a few weeks ago and ordered them. 

They fit perfectly.

See?

1 comment:

Jodi.C said...

Lovely! What a kind and thoughtful gesture :)