Since we are about to reach 160 000 km on our dear Subaru it was time for some major work. Fi and I combined this with a shopping trip to stock up on clothes for her for the next six months. We had it all planned out. The car would spend a day at the "spa", we would spend the day thrifting, and have a girls' sleepover in the city. It was a much anticipated treat.
Then Thursday there was this freak storm right between home and Winnipeg. Several people discouraged us from going, worried about the highway being closed and the conditions. We went anyway. On the way we passed twelve cars in the ditch and one 18-wheeler jack-knifed. We soldiered on, albeit at 50km/hour. After a five hour drive we arrived.
To allow enough time for all the work on the car we dropped it off at 8 am. Subaru treats us well and usually there is a courtesy car for us to motor about the city while they tune our baby up. The previous customer hadn't returned it yet (they must have been stuck in the snow) and so we were treated to a rental. All good until 5pm when we went to pick up our car. It wasn't done!
Moment of panic. I had family at home expecting to celebrate Thanksgiving together.
I think Subaru felt bad about it not being ready and so when I said, with a lot of reluctance in my voice, "Well, I guess I could take the day off work on Tuesday or Wednesday..." they offered for us to take the courtesy car home for the week. And our car was promised to be done by then.
So we drove a lovely white 2013 Forrester for the week. It was lovely. And big. And drank gobs of gas. But it was quiet. And had mp3 capability, which I like. But I worried all week about scratches, and crashes, and all the things that could go wrong with someone else's car.
When I finally got our car back this weekend I breathed a huge sigh of relief. Even though it is a bit noisier, and older, and dirtier it is ours. And it runs beautifully now that it had two days of tune-up.
Sunday, October 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment