Sunday, April 24, 2011

Mopey Easter

My bundle-of-energy boy has been out of sorts the past few days. Yesterday he shocked us by crawling into our bed at 11:45am and promptly falling asleep for an hour. This is a boy who doesn't nap at all anymore.

Then he went outside after eating three bites of his lunch. He couldn't resist the lure of helping his papa with raking the lawn. An hour later he was inside again and curled up on the couch; out cold for another hour. After spending most of the afternoon on the couch, drifting in and out of sleep he picked at his dinner and wanted a bath and to be tucked into bed.

We tucked him in last night with the sinking feeling that we might be stuck here at home for Easter Sunday.

It is now 8:30 and the Sprout hasn't eaten his breakfast. He was up more times than I can count last night wanting water, feeling cold (even though he was burning up to the touch), or just needing a hug. He refused to take any Tylenol to bring his temperature down. This morning he is just warm, but still off his feed.

His mama is cross-eyed with exhaustion. I am a 8-9 hour-a-night kind of girl, and the nights where I get less than 7 hours of sleep are not pretty. Last night there was only one stint that was longer than an hour. I am the one who wants to curl up on the couch and nap the day away today.

Today I miss being only three blocks from church. With home that close I would push Jo to go. But an hour in the car with a feverish child and then turning right around if he can't handle it is not a challenge that I am up to today.

Missing Easter Sunday worship is making me mopey. That and being dead-tired.

2 comments:

Donna said...

hi em,
we made it to easter church but i was sick all day and ended up not getting easter dinner (couldn't even handle the smell)! feeling better today, though. hope you little man is on the mend too!
love ya',

EK said...

So sorry to hear you were miserable too. Although misery loves company and it warms my heart to have your company (such lovely company it is). I hope your week is much healthier.