My very favourite time of year is now. The school year is just starting to wind down, so I am not spending indecent amounts of time doing schoolwork every night. The days have stretched long enough to feel decadent, with the sun still staining the sky long after the Sprouts have been tucked into their beds. And the snow is only clinging on in small shady patches. A few more days of sunshine and the only winter left will be the ice on the lakes.
And the sunshine. Oh, that glorious, gorgeous, tension-melting sunshine! I want to bathe in it; with bubbles, for hours. I want to spend every moment that is available outside revelling in its warmth. I want to melt all the winter out of my bones and soak them in summer.
So I am sitting on the deck, soaking in the lovely, lovely warmth.
And in the background I am listening to the chatter of the Sprouts playing in their mudboots. They are searching for some kind of bronze staff (can you tell Fi has started reading fantasy?) and worms and red ants (can you tell that Jo loves critters?). I think the sunshine is inducing a state of peace between them that normally deosn't exist. They sure don't play this nicely when they are stuck inside in the rain.
Although we learned this weekend that rain isn't a sentence to stay inside all day. It's really an opportunity to use our umbrellas, splash pants, and rain coats. And a great time to get completely soaked to the skin and then warm up with hot chocolate.
Man, I love spring!
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment