Thursday, March 11, 2010

Water Everywhere

We have had a week of very unseasonably warm weather. The lake is covered with a gigantic puddle that sits on top of the two-feet-thick ice that has been our ski trail for two and a half months. I was really hoping that we would get another month in. It looks like the ski season is over though.

Sigh.

On the bright side, the sun is up longer every day and it is time to pull out the running shoes.

This year my running buddy and I have decided to go for the gold and train for a 10k. This is a new goal for me. A big goal. I am excited, and a wee bit scared. It will mean some really early mornings. But it will also mean feeling even more strong and healthy than I felt last summer. And I can still eat chocolate. That, my friends, is worth a 5:30 alarm.

I keep telling myself that it can't possibly be spring yet. It is way too early. So I am waiting for March to go out like a lion, since it has wandered in like a sad, soggy lamb.

No comments: