I was browsing through Good Housekeeping in the library yesterday and there was an article about when to let the fraying ends of a relationships go. It connected directly with my biggest struggle this past month. Unfortunately I didn't read it. I got distracted with kids and never went back to it.
When do you know that a relationship is toxic? How do you handle that? What about their need for someone in their life who isn't toxic? Can you be light to them without becoming toxic yourself?
What about when you feel that your friendship is constantly being tested, but the person in question assures you that everything is fine? My gut says it isn't fine.
Why are people so complicated? Am I that complicated? If so, I apologize to my loved ones for putting you through the crap because you love me. Please hold me accountable when I am being a pain in the patoot. I don't want to be toxic. I want to be a blessing to you. I want to experience you as a blessing.
PS... you can find the recipe for homemade carpet cleaner at http://www.howtocleanthings.com/how-to-clean-vomit.htm. It worked beautifully for me.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thank you so much for the link! I'm sure I'll be using this recipe sometime. I've started to clean our home without chemicals or a limited quantity and this website looks like it may be a useful tool.
Thanks again!
Karen
Hmm, relationships are tricky - I'll blog my ideas about it! I had a theory that I have been testing out over the years.
I think I have learned how I want to respond to those who I know are unhappy with me but won't fess up...maybe it will give you a perspective VS
Hi Em,
Thanks for the carpet cleaner recipe! Strangely, after I asked you for it Sophie threw up on the carpet THAT night! Hmmmm.
Hang in there.
Donna
PS My mom booked camping for the summer. We need to talk!!!
Post a Comment