Sunday, March 21, 2010

Laundry


We bought a clothesline kit last fall when we came back from our holidays. We intended to hang it right away, save lots of money and energy, and enjoy the most delicious smell of sheets dried in the fresh air. We didn't get around to it for a while, for one reason or another.

After it sitting in our laundry room gathering dust for the entire fall and winter, my dearest LK hung that line last week. Just in time to wash and hang sheets for company on it. They smelled like heaven.

On a tangent, there is something totally yummy about watching my love in old jeans and a baseball cap working outside. I have a whole new appreciation for work. At least watching it from the porch with a cup of tea in my hand. Plus, he did a great job. It works perfectly.

This morning I took a load out and had a little quiet time while hanging it up. Actually, I didn't have quiet time. I had two little people standing inside the screen door trying to talk to me and complain about one another. But I tuned them out and meditated on the beauty of a load of whites blowing in the fresh air and anticipated the smell of sunshine and wind on them when I go back to fold them this afternoon.

I can stand at the sink washing dishes (another chore that is growing on me) and watch my whites flutter in the breeze. I can watch the sunshine dance across my shirts. Simple pleasures.

No comments: