In really cold weather some things don't do well. Me. Cars. And, apparently, exterior house doors.
This evening I let the dog out for her evening trip to the facilities and closed the door. When she came back in I attempted to close the door again. No go. After several more tries to close it quietly (as the rest of the family is abed) I called upstairs to ask for help.
"Slam it as hard as you can."
Alrighty.
Still no go. Why won't the door close?
Ice has formed along the weatherstripping that we attached along the opening edge to seal an old, no-longer-weather-proof door.
LK came down and gently applied a hammer to the ice. I followed up with a quick blow out. The door looks lovely now. Thankfully it also closes.
Another item on the house list - doors that seal in super cold weather.
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment