Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Bragging Rights

I have the most amazing spouse.  He is an artist of talent that has amazed me for 16+ years. 

When we met (soooo many years ago in university) I was awestruck by the way his fingers flew across a keyboard to bring life and soul to mere notes on a page.  His ability to lead congregational singing on an instrument is the most well-crafted I have ever heard in my life.  And he sings and composes too. 

It's no wonder I fell for him.

After our first Sprout arrived he picked up a camera.  And now he has become a craftsman with light and colour.  A perfectionist who is never satisfied with his craft, but a craftsman nonetheless.  I am blessed to have the results on my blog regularly.  As a family we have the most gorgeous family photo walls in our house.

Of course he doesn't believe me when I tell him that his pictures are amazing.  Or that he is creative, or really anything else.  I have to think so because I am his wife (is his thinking).

Well, the ultimate affirmation for an artist is recognition by other artists.  LK received that a few weeks ago with a request from a magazine to publish a photo of his that he had on Flickr. 

He told me about it just as I was falling asleep one night with, "Oh, I almost forgot to tell you.  One of my pictures is going to be in a magazine." 

"What?!?!  You almost forgot?  Holy cow sweetie!  That is awesome!"

Can you tell who is the introvert? 

Yesterday in the mail the concrete evidence arrived.  My husband had his first photo published in a magazine!  And I am bursting with pride.

You can check it out here. 

No comments: