One of our neighbours is moving away tomorrow. This neighbour is the one who dropped off a Christmas hamper last year just because we are a family and are here in the community and he felt we should be included in the community hampers. This neighbour stopped by periodically with a dozen fresh eggs from his chickens. This neighbour has always had a friendly wave and time to chat.
This neighbour also lost his partner less than six months ago. She lost a short battle with a brain tumor. Her death was a great loss to the community as she was important in the lives of many young people and lived traditional ways as well as sharing them with the kids. Her death was a greater loss to her husband and three kids. He is moving south to take his kids to be with his family on his home reserve.
We are not close to this family in terms of hanging out together and such on, but we will feel the loss of their presence a great deal. And LK and I were both surprised and touched when he made a point to stop by both of our classrooms on Friday morning to say goodbye in person.
I pray that God will guide and bless their journey. And that they will have people who bring them Christmas hampers and eggs in their new home.
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wonder if I'll encounter the kids at my school :)
Post a Comment