Treat Day is what Jo called it when explaining on Wednesday morning to his Nana why we were not at school. That description sounded great to me as it was a day without work that I got to spend with the Little Man.
Now that the weather is consistently lovely his constant refrain is, "Can I go play outside?" and that is often followed up by, "Mama, I want to go for a hike."
Since it was Treat(y) Day we splurged and went to for two hikes; one before lunch and one after.
As previously mentioned, Jo is not a quiet hiker. He likes to engage in a running narrative about what he sees, and what he thinks, and what he wonders (a lot like his Mama). Sometimes I feel the need to engage in his narrative and correct his grammar (jumped, not jumpded) or indicate my listening with questions. But not this time. It was lovely to just walk behind him and listen to him ramble as he explored. All he really needed was a smile and lots of patience while he stopped every ten metres or so to examine something amazing that he "discovered".
It was just both of our speed.
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment