Thursday, May 12, 2011

15

In the first few years we were wrapped in a cocoon of newlywed bliss. We lived entirely for our relationship. We poured energy into building our new family of two with all the passion in both our souls. We were determined to build a marriage that was strong enough to withstand the struggles over money and time and the conflicts of life. They were years rich with emotional intimacy and love.

Then the honeymoon stage passed and we poured energy into building our life in our community through our work. We began to build connections with other families and establish roots to more than one another. We were blessed to know people who were chosen-family; honourable aunts, uncles, grandparents, and siblings. We are fortunate that some of those relationships are still strong to this day, even though stressed by the challenges of distance and busy lives. They were years rich with interpersonal intimacy and love.

Then we added to our family and the entire focus of our lived shifted. Now we build for our children. Every day, rain or shine, we rise and do our best so that our Sprouts will know the love of their parents and between their parents as unconditional and unreserved. These are years rich with partner intimacy and love.

It has been fifteen years of building a relationship of love. I am beyond thankful for the partner with whom I have been blessed to work. I am excited to continue to build and have adventures with my dearest husband for at least fifteen more years (hopefully fifty). I anticipate love that continues to grow rich and deeper with each year.

LK, you are my heart, my laughter, my strength, and the very best partner I could ever hope for. Thank you for building with me for these past fifteen years.

1 comment:

Donna said...

happy anniversary, em (and laurens!) many more blessed years!