On the weekend (I think) I turned to LK and said, "I think that there has been Something every single week since school started." He didn't need to ask. He knew that Something was definitely there.
Something lurking. Stealing joy. Sapping energy. Feeding into excuses for tiredness. Something that I am sick of.
How in the world do you throw it off?
The trouble is, it isn't one thing. It's Something different every week. Sometimes (well, actually often) its work stuff, and sometimes it's at home. But it's there every week.
I turned to LK tonight while we were washing dishes after supper and said, "It's not like we are Paul in Rome." But, he reminded me, we are "out there". Even though we are getting used to lots of the challenges of being here, it is still hard.
Just in case our families are worried, we are okay. We aren't Paul, and this isn't Rome. We are just two tired teachers in a challenging school situation with two amazing kids that are wonderful (if tiring) to raise trying to step forward in faith one day at a time.
And that isn't easy anywhere, in Toronto, GN, or Rome.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment