Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Perspective

Last night I was sitting at my "table" (work/craft/creative/storage space for just my junk) trying to wrap my brain around the timelines and expectations for my online course. I was moments away from a complete meltdown when my DH walks by and asks why I am so stressed out.

It wasn't the course. The course was just the trigger.

We had had a staff meeting with a rebuke that was issued to the whole staff about comments on Facebook. We were reminded of school policy that we are to present a positive image to the community, and please not to air grievances about work in public. The rebuke was a reasonable one. But it got me all atwitter with anxiety.

I came home and poured over my FB comments over the past three weeks to see if anything I said was inappropriate. I considered just breaking up with FB all together. I considered deleting all 'friends' that are connected with work at all, and just maintaining my distance 'friendships'. None of them seemed like an appropriate response. Perhaps because they were all a little over-the-top. Because, really I couldn't find a comment that would lead someone to think that I was miserable working where I do. (If you disagree, please let me know, so I can address that)

So, I slept on it (something that I highly recommend when faced with a challenging choice). This morning I had a bit more perspective.

Plus LK's comment from last night, that I needed to let it go already! was true.

Now I am anxious about my blog... does it seem like I am unhappy working here?

Note to self: JUST LET IT GO ALREADY.

No comments: