I had a running date with the Goddess this morning. It was probably our last one until spring. That makes me a bit sad, as our running dates are absolutely lovely. We run, we talk, we talk, we run. It is a huge help in motivating me to get by behind out of bed in the morning, and a huge help in dealing with the ups and downs of life. I came back from our run in great spirits.
But after that I slipped into one of those moods where all I want to do all day is bury my nose in a book and ignore the rest of the world. I know these are not healthy moods. I know that I should give myself a shake and do something nice for someone else, or at least for my kids. But, man, I just want to disapear into a novel with a cup of hot chocolate and a cosy sweater wrapped around me. An I did that for a chunk of the afternoon- in between mediating conflicts between the sprouts.
So, now I am frustrated with myself for letting the afternoon slip away, wallowing in avoidance of the day-to-day business of life. The bathroom didn't get cleaned. The sheets didn't get washed. The kitchen floor has not been mopped. None of my prep work for Monday is done. And the worst is that my son is frustrated at being cooped inside all day and cried himself to sleep after losing his bedtime stories.
Moods swings like this make me wonder if the bipolar gene actually skipped me after all.
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Em, I do the same thing pretty much every weekend. I know there is tonnes to get done around the house but feel I deserve some me time (napping, reading, watching tv with the kids) while Ernie is working Saturdays. Then I beat myself up on Sundays because I got nothing done. I think it's called life :)
Post a Comment