Sunday, September 12, 2010

Blogging Often: Up or Down

So, according to Pioneer Woman's reflections on what she had learned about blogging, we ought to blog often. And, according to all my research (well, actually all the research that I have read - not actually done) writer's need to practice their craft every day in order to refine it.

That pretty much rings true for any craft, or sport, or skill. Use it or lose, so to speak.

Anyhow, PW (Pioneer Woman, who can be found at http://thepioneerwoman.com/, and I really recommend you check her out) also encourages bloggers to be themselves. Well, that makes sense, as being yourself is really the only way to develop a clear voice as a writer. Can you tell that I have been doing a little professional reading on teaching writing?

So, I am going to try to blog a little more often, and be a little more myself.

Some may say, "You haven't been yourself?"

No, I am pretty careful in my posts about what I say; not wanting to offend anyone who may be in my life, know the participants and be hurt.

Wait, now that I think about it, that is me.

Yup, I am a pleaser. And a perfectionist.

Not a happy combination. And a particularly unhappy combination this weekend.

I started brilliantly with a runner's high. Then I fell to bits emotionally. I got irrationally angry about the small stuff. I held on to my anger, trying to feel that it was justified. And it just wasn't.

No matter what, fighting with other people - being mad - is just not worth all the energy that it takes. And it makes me feel miserable. And petty. And miserable.

So I have spent the afternoon trying to figure out where this whole volcano of emotions is erupting from. Because there is a lot more lava (so-to-speak) in me right now than is called for by any issue that has come up in the last 24 hours.

Why the heck am I so irritable?

No comments: