Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sitting by the Phone

We were trying to be responsible and took the car in for it's oil change/check-up before heading off on our summer travels. Being responsible is not all it's knocked out to be. We are now waiting for struts to come in so we can haul ourselves back to the city and drop more than a paycheck to get them replaced.

Responsible, shmonsible! I prefer blissful ignorance.

Although, having the struts give out while pulling a trailer down one of those great big Lake Superior hills would not be pretty... maybe responsible isn't so bad.

So, I am sitting by the phone waiting to hear from my dear, dear Subaru dealer. I am praying that the parts come in today and that we can get in before the end of the week, and that we don't have to move our departure date back. PLEEAASSSEEE Lord, let us leave on time.

But the sun is shining. The breeze is beautiful. Skies are brilliant Canadian summertime blue. I can't stay inside. The lake is calling.

So I sit upon the horns of a dilemma and wait for the phone. Beach or phone?

Guess what I choose. Hint: I already have my suit on. After, why else were answering machines invented?

No comments: