The last six days have been REALLY busy. Four days of driving; lovely days with gorgeous weather, better scenery, and amazingly patient children. That was followed by two days filled with family at Oma and Opa's house.
I love time with family. I revel in watching my kids have so much fun with their cousins. I love catching up on news with family; being so far away means that when we see each other there is lots to share. I have new things in common with my sister-in-law now, and am loving the connection we have chatting about fitness and food. But after all the people and travel and business, I am ready for some quiet time. Solitude.
To recover we are getting the trailer ready for camping. That classifies as a recovery day because it doesn't involve moving at a pace that needs to take into account anyone but ourselves, puttering on projects as we feel like it, and stopping for snacks whenever the tummy grumblies strike. It's gonna be good.
My part currently is to sit on the front porch, typing, with my cup of tea and keeping half an eye on Jo as he interrogates Papa and Opa about what they are doing to the trailer. He is a bottomless well of questions these days, "Papa, what are you doing to the trailer? Hey, what is this? Why is is like that? Do boats go fast? Is our trailer broken?" All coming out in rapid-fire sequence with barely time for answers in-between.
Just got a new assignment; am required to take pictures while the trailer is washed. Jo has the hose ready to go (although it is not hooked up yet) and is telling Opa that it has water coming out. He just discovered the garage. Oh dear, I have lost my son. He is all boy and will start doing Tool Man grunts in seconds.
Monday, July 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment