As our departure date for the summer trip edges closer, we are in the midst of getting ready. The usual fridge cleaning-out, freezer-emptying meals have been started. LK has begun going through pictures from past trips to spark his creative juices and get us all a bit teary remembering summers past, as well as amping up the excitement about this trip. We have taken the car in for it's summer trip tune-up (and are now waiting for a part to come in that needs repacing before we pull a trailer around Lake Superior). And I have been working through three wardrobes to make sure that everyone has appropriate clothes for everything we are planning to do.
Because we chose to drive a smaller vehicle we have limited space. So I am on a strict one bag per person rule for clothes. Each person also gets a small backpack for their books and toys (LK has his camera bag, I have my laptop, and the kids actually have books and toys).
We are going to the city for a week and a half to visit family and friends, so we all need to have unstained, functional outfits for that part of the trip (also a bit chic would be great, but not necessary at this point). We are camping and hanging out at the lake the rest of the trip, where absolutely anything is allowed for clothes. That would normally be really easy, but for our last two camping trips I packed us all summer clothes and we froze, because we didn't really have summer weather. And while they appear to be having very hot weather down south, I am afraid not to pack some warm layers, just in case.
I was feeling a bit lost at how to fit what is really three wardrobes into one bag for each of the kids and myself. LK is on his own for this one. So I went a-googling. I just spent about an hour surfing hits for "capsule wardrobe" and had such a lovely time. Now I am all inspired to get back at it.
Sunday, July 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment