On our weekly trips to town a wide variety of interesting conversations unfold in our little Subaru. Those conversations revolve around plans for errands and daily life chores, problem solving for classroom issues and other work-related dialogue, or mediating conflicts in the backseat and distracting carsick kiddos.
Yesterday there were the usual backseat squabbles, which LK and I had little patience for. So we suggested that instead of bickering over who was right and mope about toys and books left at home (that were supposed to be packed to play with or read in the car) they look out the windows and watch for critters.
This conversation followed.
Fi: I see a bird.
Jo: Yup, I see a bird too!
Fi: I see a turtle.
Jo: I see a bear.
Fi looks askance at her brother. She can't see his bear anywhere.
Jo: I see a bunny.
More looks at the boy who appears to be telling lies.
Jo: I see a dog.
Fi: I see a deer.
Jo: I see a polar bear.
Right, a polar bear. Fi just snorts at him and ignores him.
I think this may be a trend. Jo has a wildly active imagination (which Fi only plays along with when she deems it appropriate) and little concept of truth yet. Everything is a game to him. When his antics garner a laugh, it's like a fire is lit inside him and he starts trying to think up ways to get more laughs.
My own little class clown is born.
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment