Saturday, June 19, 2010

Official Summer Holidays

'Tis the season of teacher bliss.

No matter how much we love our students and our jobs; we really, really love summer. We can slow down, sleep for 8 whole hours a night, putter on all sorts of projects (both professional and personal), and sleep in past 6am! All things are that there just isn't enough time for during the school year.

Plus, you can do it all on the beach. Yummm.

So, our first weekend of the summer and we didn't sleep in, as we have Sprout who doesn't recognize holidays and arises by 6am every morning regardless. He is full of cheer at that hour, unlike his mama, and ready to party- or eat copious amounts of cereal and watch tv (Fireman Sam is the top choice right now).

The Alarm Clock has a very loving papa whole faithfully gets up with him just about every morning by 6am, pours cereal, turns on the DVD player, and then - if he is very lucky- has a few minutes of quite to enjoy reading his online news and sipping a coffee.

The bigger Sprout is much more like her mama- sleeping until the last possible minute, when she is dragged out of bed with much protesting and moaning about how much she needs to stretch. I swear I can hear echoes of my own voice through time.

Anyway, this summer promises to be rich with time together, beautiful weather (no rainy season allowed!), and visits with loved ones. We are already counting down to our southern adventure, which Fi considers our real holidays.

Pretend or real, I am glad to be able to end this year. It was long, challenging, and very busy. I am deeply in need of some time to gather my fractured mind thoughts before I am fit company for man or beast.

No comments: