Friday, June 5, 2009

A Successful Flight

At 10:15 I last night I woke up from my doze (that is past my bedtime) to hear SWISH, SWISH, SWISH as Fiona climbed the stairs. She came into our bedroom grinning from ear to ear. She had a wonderful time that was not even dimmed even by the garbage bag she was wearing due to her lack of attention to the messages from her bladder on the trip home. In all my worries about her throwing up or getting lost, I had forgotten to pack an extra change of clothes in case of an accident (there goes the good mommy award).

So she shouted to me about her trip (still deaf from seven hours on a school bus) as she stood in the shower to clean off. Although she was flying high as a kite and the grin never wavered, she was clearly exhausted. We bundled her into jammies and tucked her into bed.

As LK and I lay in bed, he turned to me and said, "Thanks for having kids with me." Now what in the world could a girl want more than that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are moments that those of us without children don't get to experience from the other side of childhood!

I read with great appreciation the excited child and worried parents! Well done to both.