Unwrapping it I found this inside...
It is a copy of a book that I use to introduce the reading strategy of inferring each school year. It is a beautiful picture book with the most lovely watercolour illustrations. It has a magical quality that quiets every class as they wonder at the identity of this mysterious man. LK had listened when I mentioned that I wanted to order a copy for my classroom instead of hunting someone else's copy down every year. And then he hunted it down online and ordered it for me.
But the sweetest part of the gift was the inscription on the title page. He emailed Barbara Berger and asked her to autograph it. She went to the local bookstore and signed it before they wrapped it and sent it. Apparently she doesn't usually do that. But she did. Just because my love went so far out of his way to show how much he cares.
Much sweeter than any chocolate!
**Please note that the poor quality photos are mine, not LK's.
The usually fab pics you see on my blog are all his.
The slightly-grainy-not-always-in-focus ones are mine (see above).
1 comment:
THAT is a great gift. So thoughtful.
Post a Comment