Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Auntie H

Well, the big day is done and the roller coaster of emotions that swirls around the holidays is settling down. Despite a few bumps in the road, I think that we have enjoyed a really relaxed holiday this year. And I am very thankful. We toned the "stuff" this year. We requested that extended family (other than grandparents) take us off their gift lists. We streamlined our own gift giving too. In the end it was more pleasant and helped us keep our focus on what is important this time of year; time together. I have been deeply thankful for the visit we have been enjoying with my baby sister. It has been a year and a half since we have spent time together in person. For LK and I that is a long time. For the Sprouts that is forever. They had a chance to get reacquainted with a champion auntie and have had a fabulous week. Right now when Jo finishes breakfast the first question out of his mouth is, "Can I call Auntie Hether over?" So we will revel in our lt day with Auntie H before she boards the train for the south once again.

No comments: