Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Yo-yo

Some days are up and some days are down.  Yesterday was up and down like a yo-yo. 

Sunday night was void of sleep because the little Sprout was up coughing for hours.  Yesterday; yo-yo chaos at school, and I reacted all day rather than dealing with the day proactively.  When I got up this morning still tired (more coughing last night) and the big Sprout was just bawling about her sore throat at breakfast I was expecting another yo-yo day today.  I was ready to stay home with her myself to avoid the yo-yo.

Instead we phoned Super-Nana and she swooped in to save the day (I love having my own personal superhero next door - everyone should have one).  With the Sprout tucked back into bed and lots of OJ in the fridge we headed off to work.

Surprise, it has been a remarkably good day.  I am not less tired.  My students had more %&&*#^@ high stakes testing to deal with (a subject for another time).  So what is it that tips a day from learning-chaos into just random chaos?  Is it me?  Is it my students?  Both, I imagine.  But what can I do to help keep us in the learning end of the continuum? 

After all I am the grown up and the buck stops here for the responsibility for learning.

No comments: