Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Research Project

Well the time has come for some thinking ahead.  Not that we are ready to pack our bags!  Far from it.  However, as we think about the future, some changes require more advance preparation than others. 

Our next change may be several years ahead... or not.  It is in God's hands, not mine.

However, it is time to start thinking about whether or not to pursue my interest in teacher training.  Since I have moved here, I have hosted teacher candidates in my classroom and mentored several teachers.  I have really enjoyed both.  In fact, they are probably my favourite projects in my teaching career (outside daily classroom activities).  So, they might just be a good direction for my next professional learning focus.

I explored options for a Masters of Education a year and a half ago, but found that there were no Canadian universities that offered on online masters.  Since commuting isn't an option now I put the idea on hold.  There are a gagillion American ones that do, but an American masters just doesn't have the academic weight that a Canadian one does.  And I want to leave the door open for a PhD down the road if teaching teachers is the final destination...

So, I was delighted to hear from a colleague that she is looking at her masters through the university of Calgary.  All courses available online (no, we won't be moving to Calgary).  Hmmm...

Let the research begin.

No comments: