Friday was hot dog day. For Jo is was his first hot dog day. He likes hot dogs, so I packed snacks in his lunch and a toonie for a hot dog and a bag of chips. Instead he came home with a barely opened can of iced tea. After recovering from my conniption over his not purchasing what I wanted him to (let go of those apron strings, Em) I watched him spend the entire afternoon sipping from the can of "pop". He was thrilled that he was actually able to drink "pop". (We don't generally stock it in our pantry).
This morning on the way to school he stated, out of the blue, "There are two pops. Pop the man and pop the can."
LK and I looked at each other, laughed out loud (which pleased Jo to no end), and celebrated his delightful sense of humour.
Pop the man is my dad. We call him Pop (as in Grandpop).
Pop the can... well, you are smart enough to get that one on your own.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment