Saturday, April 3, 2010

New Shoes


I have a few deep passions; dark chocolate, my spouse, and shoes! I love an elegantly arched 3-inch heel and the curves of a calf in a pair of knee-high boots. Shoes are just fabulous! Plus they don't show a few pounds.

Over the past year and a half I have turned from a teacher who ignores the pain that those shoes and boots inflict when worn to school because a girl just has to look good into a teacher who occasionally rocks out the heels when feeling rebellious, but generally wears a classic pair of flats to school. Until today.

Today I purchased my first pair of Merrell hikers. I think it may be very first pair of hikers. I have bought cheaper shoes that were supposed to be hikers in the trail runner style, but they were a sad, sad excuse for a pair of shoes.

My new shoes are amazing. They are actually lighter than a pair of ballet flats! They look cute peeking out from under the hems of my jeans. They are really comfortable and I am looking forward to wearing them all day then being able to hike home from school in them and not have sore feet.

Not that I am going to retire the heels. They will have a place of honour in my closet. They will just move out of the daily rotation.

No comments: