I have finished my teacher homework (this idea makes my students grin - that their teacher has homework too) and I am winding down before bed by thinking ahead. I am not thinking about lessons to come (that wouldn't help me wind down). I am thinking about summer.
The countdown to summer has begun. Everyone is counting - students, teachers, and even our principal. He has announced how many weeks left until summer vacation over the PA during morning announcements several times now.
Without a doubt summer is the favourite time of year in Canada.
I am anticipating it with particular joy this year. It has been a challenging year, and I am tired. But also I am eagerly looking forward to reconnecting.
We have made plans to camp with friends for a few days. This looks like it may turn into a small group. That makes my extroverted little heart go pitter-patter just a bit faster. AND two of my dearest friends from the big city are in the group; my scrapping girls. If only I could think of a way to scrapbook together on our campsite... Reconnecting over the campfire will be just as sweet.
We will spend time with LK's family. They have been gracious beyond gracious about sharing their home since we moved far away. And we revel in the joy of family gatherings in their backyard. Reconnecting around the patio and BBQ with kids wrangling on the lawn will be sweet.
We will spend the Civic holiday weekend with my family. This has become a family tradition that I missed last year. I an so excited to be part of it again this year. I may even be brave enough to participate in canoe races rather than watch from the sidelines. Reconnecting through swims across the lake and long runs to exercise puppy dogs (all 4 of them) will be sweet.
There are voices, views, and many moments that I look forward to savouring. So tonight, as I put aside the work of the day, I anticipate summer sweetness.
Good night.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment