Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's Been A While

I realized that I have been remiss in blogging when I opened an email this morning titled, "Are You Okay?". A friend from down south was worried that I haven't been online for a month and two days.

We are fine. It has been a busy month. I have been up to my eyebrows in coursework. It is great stuff, incredibly useful and fasincating. It has had me running all day to stay on top of the basics though. I have had to let a few things slide- you know it is busy when I don't write a lesson plan for every day!

We had a great March Break with a visit from my folks. They drove straight from Kearney, taking driving shifts right through the night. They arrived tired, but it was really wonderful to see them. The kids had a fabulous time with them. Nana is the craft-master and she and Fiona created a beautiful portrait wall for the dining room. The portraits are drawn by Fiona and the frames are podged in shades of green wrapping paper. It makes the dining room pop! Jo was delighted to find new playmates and is still wondering where his friends have disappeared to. He will really enjoy our trip this summer.

We had big thaw over the Break (see LK's pics on the Flickr show), but woke up this morning to a big dump of new snow. It has been snowing all day and the snow is mixed with slush. It still is really white, though. Spring is clearly on the way!

The school week started with a new student in my class, and then I got another one today. So, we are up to twelve in our classroom. It felt like 24 today, though. The adjustment to the school routine after a week at home is longer than usual this year. Time to bring out Ms. Viola Swamp, I think!

Must go, called for supper! I promise I won't let it go a month again.

No comments: