We picked up Christmas packages at the post office today. The boxes from family and friends filled the back of the car. That doesn't even count the package that is waiting to be picked up in Kenora (Purolator doesn't deliver out this far). Fiona was so excited. "I can wait to Christmas, there are only eight more sleeps." she chirped from the backseat.
I am excited because there are only two more sleeps to the Christmas break. Tomorrow is our Christmas Concert and Friday is clean-up day. Here, the Christmas Concert is at 1:00 and is followed by a community feast. The students don't come in on Friday, and staff make sure that the celebratory mess is cleaned up and daybooks are ready for the 5th. I don't even have to teach tomorrow morning, as students will arrive at school at 11:30, just in time for lunch. It's a rough life.
LK is looking for a service for us to attend on Christmas Eve together. There is an afternoon service at the cemetery with thousands of candles lit. We are thinking that would be a uniquely Kenoran way to celebrate. We are also really looking forward to our first Christmas Day in twelve years that we can get up and open presents in our jammies, rather than meet LK at church (he always was there super early Christmas Day to prepare for the brass players). I don't remember that last time I wasn't in church on Christmas Day morning.
In other news, the big news item LK brought home from town today was... (drum roll for my sister)... an IKEA is being built in Winnipeg!!!!! Right now the closest IKEA is Calgary- too far even for me. But Winnipeg! My goodness, that's practically on our doorstep. Woohoo!! My cup runneth over.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment