So I have taken a leap of faith that at times feels remarkably foolish. I felt that I was unable to continue to work and serve in the place where I have been gainfully employed for the past six years. So, two months ago as I returned from my maternity leave I quit. Now as a teacher, quitting means finishing out a contract. So, today was my last day of work.
What is foolish about that? I don't have another job to go to. Currently, the job prospects in teaching here in Ontario are not plentiful. So, a seemingly foolish decision.
However, that is where Waldo comes in. I have been reading God is Closer Than You Think by John Ortberg this spring and finally finished two nights ago. Ortberg compares finding God in our daily lives to finding Waldo in the children's books Where's Waldo. God is there in every day, hidden in a moment or person.
So now I am living on faith day-to-day that there was a purpose in me quitting my job. There is a plan, I just haven't been briefed yet. It's need-to-know only at this point. I do know that I have to apply to every job that I am qualified for, be ready for interviews and look for Waldo with signs to point the way every day.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment