Friday, June 27, 2008

In My Children

Watching my children play makes it easy to find Waldo. He lurks in their smiles and joy at being able to climb a ladder all by themselves. He explodes out of laughter as they revel in summer evenings.

We spent the evening with friends. What a treasure friends are! The connection I have with my girlfriends is such a blessing. And rare. I can count the number of women I have been able to be completely myself with in my adult life on one hand. Right now they are all an active part of my life. I feel so rich in their company.

Perhaps as I age and learn to be more a peace with who I am and less concerned with what the rest of the world thinks those friendships will become less rare.

Today I am holding on to the feeling of a kindred spirit (as LM Montgomery would say) and being thankful for my girls.

No comments: