Thursday, January 8, 2015

Moments Matter

On really good days, I am done my daily supply teaching job in time to get home, gather the dog and walk down to meet the Sprouts at the bus.  Today I was teaching at Sprout 2's school in the afternoon.  This meant he came down to the classroom where I was working and we drove home together.

We were early enough to get the kettle full, turn it on and gear up.  Well bundled against our ridiculous wind chill we took the Dog to meet Sprout 1 as she piled off the bus.

Sprout 2 was a trouper about the wind in his face, not to be confused with the much more enjoyable wind in your hair.  And the Dog is working on off-leash walking, so we were loaded up with treats (aka behaviour bribes).

We met Sprout 1 just as she was headed down the road.  The Dog was thrilled to see one of his pack ahead.  But since there were treats involved, she waited to be told to go greet her person.  I was so proud of her.

On the way home we took turns calling her to come back to us (she loves to scout ahead to be sure its safe for the whole pack).  She really like this game as food was involved.

I had a moment of pure joy.  My kids are together, no bickering.  My dog is listening, no running off after deer.  And my husband is on his way home to join us.

Can it get much better than this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just in case you think that no one is enjoying sharing your moments, we are.
Luv U,
NaNa & PoP