Not only have I been on a blogging hiatus, I have also been on somewhat of a fitness hiatus. After last fall's Terry Fox run (waaay back in September) I lost my running mojo. Then the winter to end all winters hit us and there was no desire to exit the house for many, many -40 days. Only the sad-puppy eyes of our pooch managed to get me outside at all. Just as I scraped together all my ambition over the Christmas holidays to started running again (only to rediscover my mojo with a passion) I fell and dislocated my shoulder. No more running.
Well, it is April. None of my clothes fit comfortably. I am dreading the thought of shorts or bare legs. My physiotherapist has told me to wait with running until I can do a plank for 90 seconds. 90 SECONDS!!! I am not sure that will ever happen. So I have been somewhat mopey.
Three weeks ago I decided that strength training was where I would have to put my energy right now. It doesn't feel nearly as good as a long run. I don't get the fresh-air-induced clean head (which I desperately need daily this time of year), but it will move me towards me 90 seconds goal.
I have been working at it 3/4-assed for three weeks and already feel better. So it is time to go 4/4-assed about it.
This morning I pulled out my old friend Chalene Johnston and her TurboFire workouts. Oh my, how far I have fallen. I huffed and puffed like the wolf. But I pushed through. And felt better.
So, my take-away from all this is that it is time to get off the couch, which also means out of bed at the crack of dawn again.
Just a warming, there may be a little grumpiness before we settle into fitness-induced cheer.
Sunday, April 6, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment