We have recently learned first-hand that dogs can, in fact, get the stomach flu. And it is even less pleasant that the people version.
Astrid had not eaten for a day and a half. We worried. I consulted with various dog-owner/experts on why a dog would stop eating. We stopped worrying when she started eating again. We thought all was well again.
The next morning was awoken to L saying, "Em, you better get down here."
Doggie diarrhea. Right on the living room rug.
So I spent the first hour of my day scrubbing. And scrubbing some more. Yuck. Double yuck.
For the next two night I got up in the middle of the night to let her out in the hopes of preventing a repeat. It gave me flashbacks to the first weeks when she was a puppy and had to be taken out every two hours.
She spent several days curled up in her crate avoiding all her normal affectionate activities. We worried some more. I consulted some more. We comforted ourselves with the fact that at least she was eating again.
Then she woke up Thursday morning full of energy and back to herself. And I finally stopped worrying.
Sunday, October 27, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment