Monday, February 4, 2013

Tulips

We are in the third week of miserable indoor-recess cold.  There have been little hints of warmth, a sunny afternoon, here and there, but overall it has been -30ish since mid-January.  We are cabin-feverish.

The dark is just starting to lift.  I can feel the days get incrementally longer and I long for long sunny afternoons with the "Drip, drip" of snow melting off the roof.  I have that green colour that is completely unique to spring dancing around the edge of my consciousness, taunting me with its elusiveness.

It feels like spring is forever away.

I came home after work today to a beautiful plant on the dining room table (thanks to my Soul Sista, who visited with her spouse and Sprout on the weekend).  It has a bright, sunshine-yellow tulip peaking out from between the leaves where this morning there was just green.

Yellow speaks of hope.

Even though I know that real outdoor tulips are months away in reality, it lifted my spirits immeasurably.

Spring can't be too far away after all.

No comments: