I am not always a practical woman. Well, actually I am rarely a practical woman. And this week I paid for it in pain.
After two months of living in sandals, bare feet, and wedges my feet have gotten used to being footloose and fancy free. And I thoughtlessly tired them up in my prettiest, but least comfortable pumps the first three days of school.
Oh, what foolishness!
Well, the first week of school my feet always complain about how much time I spend on them regardless of the footwear I choose. They are most unhappy about being sentenced to closed toes for the fall and winter. And this fall adding insult to injury I didn't give them a gentle adjustment period, but went straight for the highest heels three days in a row.
I spent Wednesday night with my feet elevated, icing my left ankle. And then the rest of the week was spent in flats.
This weekend I am researching pretty options for lower heels or amazing flats. They just don't have the same boost to my self-esteem as 3-inch heels though, and so I am a bit mopey. Oh for mile-long legs.
Sunday, September 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Greetings from W'dale! Can't believe what I'm reading! We were just camping with a group from church and someone had new Birks, which got us to talking about footware; practical footwear vs. fancy footwear. Your name and shoes actually came up in the context of, "Emily K actually teaches wearing high heels!". We were amazed that you could manage that because Sue Z and I are both flat shoe ladies. and now this story!
Post a Comment