Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Gearing Up

Another summer is coming to a close as teachers arrive back (or for their first time) here and start setting up classrooms. Many of the teachers in the elementary wing are already at work in their classrooms, and there are almost two weeks until school starts. That is an encouraging sign to me.

I went in this morning with the intent of getting some more puttering done. I didn't have a to do list or any specific project to get done, just moving forward towards being prepped for the first day.

I ended up spending the whole morning catching up with Running Goddess. You remember her; she was my running partner two years ago. Well, she had an amazing AQ experience this summer and was literally bubbling over with things she was excited about sharing from it. I know this marks me as a complete teacher-geek, but I was so thrilled about her excitement and ideas that I was a bit teary. It was also amazing to get caught up on her life and what she had been doing with herself for the summer (other than lots of learning about teaching). She is in a really good place in her life and her joy shows.

After that the rest of the day was spent puttering, connecting with other teachers and walking a few inches above the floor. The tone in the elementary wing is really positive. I am so hopeful that we will have an amazing year. I would so much appreciate prayer that this will be such a positive growing year for each of the teachers and for each of our students. We are poised on the edge of something incredible (I believe) and the possibilities are mind boggling.

The whole community is gearing up for the pow wow this weekend. There is a buzz of excitement in the air. I know that it may only be the teachers who feel that excitement in connection with the start of a new school year, but it is almost tangible.

So, to all my teacher friends out there, blessings as you gear up for a fresh new year. I hope that it will be filled to overflowing with growth and delight in the privilege of your job.

No comments: