Monday, September 1, 2008

Two Weeks In...

We had a good week all around. I have a great class of students, with a wonderful sense of humour. I have lots of multi-leveled instruction to do in literacy and numeracy particularly. This is just the sort of challenge that I love. I am just frustrated with all the primary resources that I left behind in TO thinking that I would not be teaching primary again. I could really use them right now.

Fiona is in grade 1, being tested before school began and recommended to be placed there. The first week has been hard for her. Grade 1 routines are not the same as JK. She has a lot less play time and a lot more seatwork. She is also dealing with a new home, community and school in one shot. Prayer for her as she adjusts and for us as we try to support her would be appreciated.

Sundays are still hard. We miss our church family in TO a lot. We have been going to the mission church here is Grassy for two weeks and see lots of potential for how we can serve, but don't see how we will be fed. A friend recommended finding a church home where we can be fed rather than serving right away as wise in our situation (she has been in a similar situation). We are trying to figure out how to do the 80km drive on Sundays too. It seems a long way to go for Sunday school. However, that is our spiritual food, and Fi doesn't have the benefit of Christian Ed this year, so she needs it more than ever. Again, prayers appreciated.

LK went fishing on Saturday with the Resource Head's husband and son. He had a great time and is looking forward to learning to clean fish so he can bring them home and cook them too!

No comments: